Planning Commission Board
Purpose/duties. The purpose of the board is to review and recommend changes to the City Charter, Comprehensive Plan, and Land Development Code and to serve as the quasi-judicial trier of fact for land development approvals. The duties of the board are as follows:
- to conduct quasi-judicial hearings for all land development approvals as defined in Section 94-3
- review and conduct an ongoing analysis of the City’s comprehensive plan
- make recommendation to the City Commission for any amendments to the comprehensive plan
- undertake studies as needed in order to analyze present and/or future problems that could impact the City’s comprehensive plan
- periodically review chapter 114
- periodically review the City Charter and make recommendations to the City Commission
- undertake special tasks assigned by the City Commission; the City Commission shall assure that the board has the necessary resources to perform such tasks.
Composition; term. The board shall consist of seven members possessing some experience and/or knowledge in land use planning. The qualifications of each member shall be judged on an individual basis. The chairperson shall only vote to break a tie and the term of each member shall be for four years.
Current Planning Board Members: